Pages

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Oh, Just Another Survey

I can't help it...I was tagged by Natalie on Facebook, so I gotta do it...

This is a survey for all of you married folk. Fill it out & don't forget to tag other married couples on your friend list. Don't forget to tag back the person that sent it to you.

1) When was your wedding day? November 3, 2001

2) What day of the week was it? Saturday

3) Did you get married in a church? yes

4) How many in your wedding party? 22, I think

5) Where was your reception? Church kids' area. AKA The Garage and Parking Deck

6) How many guests were invited to your wedding? 800+

7) How long did you wait to Tie The Knot after your proposal? 21 months=waaayyy too long!

8) Who did you hire as your photographer? Mark Lawley Photography

9) Did you have a DJ or a band? no, Herb Owen MC'ed the reception and played our "mix tape" CDs we burned with all our favorite music

10) Did your father walk you down the aisle? yes

11) What color were the bridesmaid dresses & groomsmen vests? BM=burgundy GM=black

12) What was your first song? we didn't dance since the reception was at church, but if we could've it would've been "Dreaming My Dreams" by the Cranberries

13) How long did it take to plan the wedding? all 21 months of our engagement....yes, I was that bride

14) What type of limo did you get? none, Scott surprised me with a vintage Rolls Royce

15) Where did you go for your Bachelorette/Bachelor Party? didn't have one, closest thing was my lingerie "after party" at Rachel Callahan's with all my bridesmaids and some other close friends

16) What type of wedding gown/tux did you two wear? My gown was made by Angelique and was a corset-style, Victorian gown with cathedral train and extra-cathedral veil. His tux was classic cut, black with ivory vest and tie.

17) How was the weather? Perfect, cool but not cold

18) Where did you go on your Honeymoon? We were planning on Paris, but then the 9-11 attacks happened, so we changed last minute, going to North Carolina. We spent about a week in the Asheville area in the mountains, and another week on the Outer Banks, in Manteo.

19) What was your favorite part of your wedding day? Taking communion together during the ceremony.

20) How long have you been married? 7 years

21) What was the worst part of your wedding day? The stress of a florist who wrote down the wrong day and almost didn't pull off the florals.

22) Did you see your husband before the ceremony? No

23) What kind of flowers were in your bouquet? Roses, in all fall colors

24) What were your "something old, something new, something borrowed, and something blue? My old=my ring and my great-grandmother's hankie pinned under my skirt. All the women in my family have carried this hankie! My new=my dress. My borrowed=the poofy slip under my gown, borrowed from Scott's sister, Heather. My blue=my undies

25) Did you light a unity candle? no

26) Did you cry during your wedding? No, I was too excited.

27) Where did you buy your wedding gown? Bridal Bliss, after going to every dress shop in Alabama...literally.

28) What flavor was your wedding cake? Chocolate! We didn't have a groom's cake because we had a dessert reception, and I don't like white cake. The icing was ivory though, and the design matched my gown.

28) Did you smash cake in each other's face or were you "nice"? No, I threatened Scott with his life if he stuffed that in my face.

29) Did you freeze the top layer of your cake and eat it on your first wedding anniversary? Yes. It was actually great! The key is multiple, alternating layers of foil and plastic wrap, sealed in Tupperware.

30) When did you open your wedding gifts? Well, you see, we were gone on our honeymoon for over 2 weeks, so mom and Abby opened them while we were gone. At first I was mad, but it did save me a lot of hassle.

31) Did you have a bridal shower? I had a Southern Living at Home/Tupperware shower (thanks Aunt Sandy), a couples' around the house shower (thanks Mawmaw and Aunt Marsha), a lingerie shower (thanks Rachel and 'Maids) and a HUGE tea. We were very, very blessed and received more stuff than we needed!

32) The night before your wedding, did you sleep much? Yes, and my best friend and MOH, Stephanie, spent the night one last time with me!

33) Did your bridal party deck out the get away car? No, I threatened them with their lives and Becky, my director, did too! Scott took his car to the hotel earlier that day anyway.

34) Anything special about the day/time of year you were married? I always wanted a fall wedding, but it's the height of football season. Our wedding day was also Alabama's homecoming. I also wanted a super-formal wedding at night, so we were married at 7 PM.

35) Words of wisdom? Follow God first, submit to His leadership together.

Sorry I don't have any pics to post here too...those were days of the advent of digital, so all of mine are prints from film. Crazy, I know.

2 comments:

Leslie Ruth Petree said...

I looooooove reading about weddings. And I'm tagging myself on this one :) Look for mine sometime this afternoon or evening!

Rachel said...

First I would like to say that I was mentioned in this post TWICE but not a single linky-love. Hurumph. :)

Secondly, we STILL have our wedding cake topper in our freezer.

That's right.

8 years.

Two moves.

Multiple Refrigerators.

Power outages at least 37 times.

Can you imagine it's level of tastiness???