Pages

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Happy Birthday, Julia Childs!

Today, Julia would have been 97. In honour of her birthday, I am having a Julia Childs Cooking Day!

This morning, er, this afternoon, we started with Buttermilk Crumb Muffins, from "Baking With Julia". We complemented the muffins with fresh berries, scrambled eggs and French pressed coffee. Yum!

Dinner tonight will be the enduring classic, Boeuf Bourguignon, from "Mastering the Art of French Cooking"! I'll serve it with her suggested sides of rice and onions and mushrooms.

A full post with receipes and pictures will go up next week! Until then, Bon Apetit!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I love Beef Bourginon! We have a good recipe for it, but I bet yours is better! Wish I could try some!

d$ said...

Hope you've seen Julie & Julia... its a fantastic movie.