Pages

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Left-Over Wednesdays: Cajun Chicken Pasta

This week's recipe is something that I adopted from a dish that my friend, Janet Revel, made one time. It's really easy, using store-bought sauces, and can be multiplied to feed lots of people (like hungry college students!).

Cajun Chicken Pasta

4 Chicken Breasts
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 red onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
Cajun seasoning
1 jar 'Classico Spicy Tomato Basil' sauce
1 jar Alfredo sauce
1 box/bag of bow tie pasta

1. Pan fry chicken breasts until cooked through. Chop into bite-size pieces. Set aside.
2. Saute bell peppers, onion and garlic in olive oil. When vegetables are almost cooked, add a teaspoon (more or less to taste) of Cajun seasoning and finish cooking.
3. Add both jars of sauces and cover. Let simmer for 15 minutes to meld flavors.
4. Add chicken back to sauce and continue simmering.
5. Cook pasta according to box.
6. Serve sauce over pasta. Garlic bread goes well with this too!

5 comments:

Leslie Ruth Petree said...

My husband will LOVE this dish. Hooray for another addition to my menu planning!

Samantha said...

can't wait to try it!

Jaci Spain said...

Jon would LOVE this! I will totally have to try it sometime. Thanks for sharing...

Anonymous said...

Just thought I would let you know I am trying this tonight. Can't wait! Thanks for the recipes. April

Anonymous said...

Just thought I would let you know I am trying this tonight. Can't wait! Thanks for the recipes. April