Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Two Thousand and Eleven

I'm sitting here in front of my computer screen trying to think through all of the things that have happened in our lives over the last 10 months...that last time I blogged was last November, 2010! But alas, words are escaping me.

Me and Scott in Zurich, Switzerland, en route to Montenegro this August
We've travelled--North Carolina, California, Montenegro/Switzerland/Italy/Croatia. Anniversary trip to Cali and missions to Montenegro (by way of the other countries). See Cali pics here! And my pics from Camp Monty here.
Us with the Cali nieces and nephews!

College group Spring Break trip!
We've closed one book of our life and opened a new one--Scott started post-grad work at Beeson Divinity. He is no longer employed full-time at SMIC, although we are continuing in our college and young adult ministry there. And the Lord provided a full scholarship and other employment!

Scott's stack of books for seminary...semester one! Many, many, more books to come!

I'm trying to grow a small business, while still working full time--Tres Beau Weddings and Special Events is growing so well, and I'm so thankful to be able to do what I love! I'm formulating a new business plan for expansion, with possibly a store-front! Learning as I go, of course.

One of my biggest weddings of 2011, Josh and Julie Payne!  


And the other big wedding this year just happened to be my cousin's! Chris and Natalie!

We've also had some hard times this year--job changes, and circumstances thereby, were hard emotionally. Scott still struggles with pain from his two shoulder surgeries, and probably will for the rest of his life. And last week, cancer invaded my family once again, with my mom's diagnosis of breast cancer. It's early for her, and she'll have a double mastectomy next week. But her genetic testing came back also with a positive for BRCA, or the "breast cancer gene", so that has some serious ramifications for me and my sister.

Mothers Day 2011 at Mimi's house

So, there's the BIG highlights of 2011...see my Twitter if you want the specifics, and my Facebook if you want pictures....I'm MUCH better at keeping up with Facebook and Twitter!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I hadn't heard about your mom, Ree. I'm so sorry! So glad that they caught it early.

Thanks for the update on all the other stuff. Even if you only blog once a year I'll still be here reading :).

Rachel said...

I'll be praying for your Mom!! I didn't know, either.